It appears there is some lack of clarity over the official release date of the Pentax K-70, the all-weather DSLR. The official website states that the camera is due to be released on the 22nd of July. However, a quick look at some of the top online retail stores reveal that the facts are not straight across the internet. B&H has the camera listed for release on July 30. Amazon has listed the camera as available from July 15. You can, however, pre-order the camera and receive it without delays when it finally gets shipped.
The Pentax K-70 is powered by a 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor. It has a PRIME MII image processor with anti-aliasing filter simulator. The absence of a permanent anti-aliasing filter ensures that the camera does not suffer from the limiting aspects of such a filter. You can rely on the K-70 to produce ultra-sharp images for landscape and those sort of scenes.
Having said, those who want at least the option to taper down the sharpness, such as when photographing portraits or fashion, just to reduce the risk of getting a lot of moiré and false colors in their photos, the presence of the anti-aliasing filter simulator is surely going to be interesting. This way the K-70 performs as an extremely versatile camera that can accommodate itself into any sort of photography requirement.
Main Features of the K-70
- 2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- PRIME MII image processing
- Large fine JPEGs / RAW frames of size 6000 x 4000
- Selectable anti-aliasing filter simulator
- 14-bit information
- Built-in sensor-shift type image stabilization
- 11-point phase detection AF system, with 9 cross-type AF points
- Pentaprism powered viewfinder with 100% frame coverage
- 3” swiveling screen with 921,000 dots resolution
- ISO sensitivity of 100-204800
- 6 fps continuous shooting speed
- 1/6000 fastest shutter speed
- Full HD video capability with onboard stereo mic recording sound
- Option for an external mic
- Built-in flash
- Excellent weather sealed design
- Unique night vision setting to allow working in dark environments
- Built-in Wi-Fi